[mythtv-users] My falling out with comcast: they're "banning" direct connections

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 21:22:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you rescan for channels?
>
> What is the difference in the type and connection of the main and secondary
> TV?
>
> If one digital tuner can get it, then they all can get it.  I apologize if I
> missed something.

I am not going to claim that this is the cause, but I have seen some
MSO's send the identical channel on multiple freq/programids (for
historical reasons, or for overlapping franchise reasons), such that
a rescan is needed to get the "current" list for your source.

And there is always the other cases (where one TV has a more
sensitive tuner, and the outside plant is going bad, or the signal
is getting attenuated, such that one TV works while the other
does not).

But now that one no longer has cable, it becomes moot.

Gary