[mythtv-users] ATSC Unwatchable

Scot Kreienkamp skreien at wcnet.org
Fri Sep 14 02:27:21 UTC 2012

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Joseph Fry
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:26 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] ATSC Unwatchable

Do you mean running a hypervisor on the machine beside MythTV, or running
MythTV in a VM?

I've been running a CentOS 6 box with software raid 5, Silicondust ATSC
tuner, and VirtualBox with a Windows 7 VM all on the same box for months
with no problem.  The MythTV has always been running on the base OS though,
not in the VM.  Before that I ran a NextPVR (formerly GBPVR) instance under
a Windows 7 VM in VirtualBox with no problems at all for well over a year.