[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 12.04 and sleep

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Sep 14 06:30:06 UTC 2012

> Thanks for your script... I used it as a reference when I used mine.  My
>> script is much simpler, and takes advantage of the fact that mythfrontend
>> will disable xscreensaver during playback.  It's not suitable for a
>> combined BE/FE, but it meets my needs really well.  I just have it start at
>> boot in my session manager.  The script is here:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Sleep(Suspend)_When_Idle<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sleep(Suspend)_When_Idle><
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Sleep%28Suspend%29_When_Idle<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sleep%28Suspend%29_When_Idle>
>> >

>>  Thats nice and simple, but;
>         If you do not have a visualizer running, mythmusic allows
> screensaver and DPMS to activate whilst playing music
>         MythBrowser will allow the screensaver to activate whilst viewing
> web pages, and thus cause your script to shutdown machine
>         My script checks if a recording/video is paused, and sets a
> bookmark before shutting down.  (Or clears the bookmark if one is set, I
> havent as yet worked out how to check if there are any bookmarks set)

Thanks for the feedback.

I should check if music is playing... I'll have to figure that one out.

I'm not too concerned about mythbrowser, if the screensaver activates and
you ignore it, your no longer looking at the page anyway.

Because I am just suspending, the system wakes up right where you were in
the video if you had it paused... no need to check it or set a bookmark.