[mythtv-users] HD-PVR or something else?

Scot Kreienkamp skreien at wcnet.org
Fri Sep 14 15:11:27 UTC 2012

> How is the current state of HD-PVR support?  As I understand these
> devices have been somewhat tricky to get working reliably, and some
> people even went so far as to connect them to a remote-control power
> module so they could automatically reboot them once a day.  Is that
> still the case?  Are there any other options for analog HD capture
> that are more stable?

I've got an HD-PVR running with no problems.  I had to downgrade the
firmware to 1.5.7 to get it to record without locking up, but it's got 3
weeks of uptime and 300+ shows recorded now with zero problems.  The
firmware is a known problem.  I also use firewire to change channels on the
STB.  I don't use the blaster.  I've read that firewire works much more
reliably than the blaster for changing channels.