[mythtv-users] MythTV on Android

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:56:55 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Larry K <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Larry K <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com>wrote:

>>> query on a
>>> powerful

>>> It adds code complexity and requires another connection to the backend
>>> (to the database) and makes zeroconf no longer work (as minimally
>>> you'll need to enter a PIN, if not the hostname/user/pass of the
>>> database). It's doable, it just takes away some of the fun zeroconf
>>> (which is a great feature to just hit a button to find the backend).
>>>
>>> Personally, if possible I'd rather just carry a downstream patch of
>>> the "list titles" functionality in our distribution packages, although
>>> I haven't discussed that with other Mythbuntu devs nor do I know if
>>> the android app would take advantage of that functionality.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Thomas Mashos
>>>

>> The latest version (September) can't find my backend, yet the July
>> version can.  In neither version does the network scan find the backend.
>>  I'm on Android 2.3.4 if this matters.
>>
>> How can I get the latest version to find my backend (on the local
>> network;  I have not even begun to try this app from outside the LAN)?
>>

> Nevermind.  I see Honeycomb is required.

I just pushed a new version to the github downloads page, dated today,
9/14/2012.

https://github.com/MythTV-Android/mythtv-for-android/downloads

This should hopefully removed the long data loading issues you were
previously seeing.  I will mention, however, that that data is still
downloaded, it is all just in the background.  You can freely go to
recorded and upcoming episodes while this occurs.

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>