[mythtv-users] EIT missing, howto troubleshoot with DVB-C (Terratec Cinergy)?

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 19:05:21 UTC 2012

> Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 21:41:53 +0300

> Some debugging (and no, I'd rather not want to go back on real
> rebuilding & patching & debugging -level yet) later I can see that:
> -Kaffeine can receive and show EPG just fine
> -dvbsnoop can receive the EIT just fine (eg. "dvbsnoop -adapter 1 18"
> gives plenty of data)
> -I've activated all "Use EIT" settings (per channel and video input)
> -cleared channels few times from database and done the usual tricks
> using channels.conf and not using channels.conf

> My cable provider (KPO/Kaisanet) uses basically same transport streams
> as "fi-dna" found from /usr/share/dvb/dvb-c/
> QAM128, 6875 & QAM256, 6875
>
> I've done some googling, did few quick searches on mailing list archive
> but cannot find anything on missing EIT within a year.
> Also no particularly active bugs related to this can be found from
> trac, so I assume I'm just doing something wrong, as it usually is when
> you're dealing with linux, eh :)
>
> So where and how should I go next ?
>
> --
> Jyrki

I hope I'm wrong, but you could be having a case of the http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9592 ticket.

That's what's I'm having and I had to patch my mythtv to correct it. I'm running master, though, so no big deal.

You can take a look at my relevant post, if you want (www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/523278).

Unless someone else comes up with a different idea, I'm afraid you'll probably have to run the master repo to find out.

Best regards,

Yianni.