[mythtv-users] Question about Auto-expire

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 18 00:23:35 UTC 2012

On 09/16/2012 11:14 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Robert Dege wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> One more follow up question.  Now that I have Record new and expire old
>> enabled and working, is there any way to exempt certain shows from
>> auto-expiring?
>>
>> -Rob
> I think you can set an episode to not expire in mythweb and probably
> in the watch recordings screen (at a guess the menu key...)

You need to "preserve" the episode (available in Watch Recordings under
the menu in Storage Options).  The "Do not allow this episode to
autoexpire" has no effect on the rule in question.  Note that in the
mythfrontend schedule editor the option is called, "Delete oldest if
this would exceed the max episodes," and doesn't say anything about
expiring.

Unfortunately, the MythWeb wording, "Record new and expire old" is
misleading since it's not, actually, expired, because auto-expire
happens only when file systems are full).

We should change this to "Record new and delete old"...

Mike