[mythtv-users] Problems tuning a couple stations with mythtv (works fine with vlc)

Greg Grotsky spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 00:43:14 UTC 2012

So I recently noticed that I was missing recordings on a specific channel.
I have two HD Homerun tuners both have two tuners built in. One is the
older HDHR-US unit and I recently purchase an HDHR3-US unit. I have found
that I can tune 2.1 with the older version but not 2.2 while the newer
version has problems tuning either station but this problem only exists in
mythtv.

SCANNING: 189000000 (us-bcast:9)
LOCK: 8vsb (ss=97 snq=85 seq=100)
TSID: 0x039D
PROGRAM 3: 2.1 KBOI
PROGRAM 4: 2.2 KYUU

I used the method documented in the Silicondust forum (
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1924) to stream those
channels from the tuners to vlc and it worked fine.

I am running git master, last updated August 4th.

What should/can I do to debug this further?

Thanks,
-Greg