[mythtv-users] Audio settings for older Panasonic

Matthew Zimmerman mzimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 11:25:21 UTC 2012

> You have probably checked AC3 and/or DTS in the audio settings.
> Uncheck those as your TV doesn't support it.
>
> It would work in mythvideo because your videos apparently do not use AC3 audio..
Wow, it was that easy, I'm sorry to have asked the question!
Unchecking the Dolby setting did it.

The "test" function in the audio settings still plays static (which is
why I didn't think that setting worked).  Is the test function
supposed to play white noise?  If so, I'm going to feel really dumb :)
 I was expecting ALSA's "Front Left".

Matt