[mythtv-users] Problems with the new Mythbuntu 25.25 theme

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Thu Sep 20 04:45:46 UTC 2012

On 9/19/2012 3:19 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Anthony Giggins
> <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 16 September 2012 16:06, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
>>> John Finlay <finlay at moeraki.com> says:
>>> Given your Nvidia chipset and, presumably, your use of the proprietary
>>> Nvidia drivers, your setup's incompatibility with the OpenGL painter
>>> is very peculiar. I welcome others' experiences with this issue and
>>> the current version of the Mythbuntu theme.
>>>

>> I noticed that all these new changes have been rolled back in mythbuntu
>> 25.26
>>
>> personally I had no issues with the new theme changes
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Anthony

> Most of that functionality will return in 25.27 on Friday, personally
> I wasn't a fan of the sliding panes, so they have been removed. I
> didn't have any issues with them though, I still believe the issues
> that were had were due to the specific setup of the system.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas Mashos

I have 4 frontend systems all running Mythbuntu 12.04. Of these three
are able to use the opengl painter but the fourth has to use the qt
painter. All of the three using the opengl painter and 25.25 exhibited
the exact same problem with the preview images that I noted earlier. Two
of the systems are Atom/Nvidia based - one Zotac and one Asus. The third
uses an older on board Nvidia chipset (8200 I think). I don't know what
the common problem in these setups is but perhaps it is the use of
onboard Nvidia chipsets that may not as well supported.

I have not been able to replicate the problem of the mythfrontend
process using all the system memory so I have to conclude that it was
coincidental and unrelated to the changes in painter and theme.

John