[mythtv-users] Why does Myth need write access to my Videos SG?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Sep 20 13:31:43 UTC 2012

On 9/20/2012 05:13, Nick Rout wrote:
>> I have seen a wrapper script to convert the myth:// to a valid
>> path/filename.
> Across networks?

That one is still possible, and one of the proposed solutions to
maintaining a limited external player support when local file access is
dropped. Use LD_PRELOAD to inject a library into the dynamic linker with
custom filesystem access methods that intercept an external
application's attempts to read the specified video, and feed it the
requested data from over mythproto.