[mythtv-users] New blue-abstract theme 1.8

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Sep 21 07:58:09 UTC 2012

Zitat von Scott harris <scott.harris0509 at gmail.com>:

>>> Agreed
>
>> So how do you guys actually read the scrolling content with the
>> current scrolling speed, if the episode description is like 10
>> lines  longs, but you only see 4 lines at once? I might not be the
>> fastest  reader, but I doubt anyone could really read those with
>> the current  settings.
>
> I don't believe I've ever seen an episode description that wouldn't
> fit in the standard box, so I can't comment.

Yeah, it really depends on the EPG source and channel. Most only have
a few lines in my EPG source, but especially some public channels have
really long description that sometimes don't even fit into the info
screen without scrolling.
I noticed that even if the description fits into the text field, there
is some minor scrolling, making the text jump up and down a few pixel.

>> A slower scrolling speed would definitely help too, though I'd
>> still prefer to only read the full description on demand, because
>> everybody  has a different reading speed, and you might not start
>> reading right  after opening the recording, so you missed the first
>> lines and need to  wait until the scrolling loops back. Bad
>> usability IMO.
>
> You still have that option.  I guess I don't see the difference
> between a description that is cutoff that you can't fully read or
> that's scrolling that you apparently can't fully read.  Either way,
> you can't fully read it and have to go to the info screen.

Yes, good point. It's probably a matter of taste which default
behavior makes more sense to you.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project