[mythtv-users] Need Help with Audio Sync using nuvexport and MythTV Go Android App

Irumbo Mateene imateene at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 22 02:28:10 UTC 2012

Does any one have any suggestions on how I can fix my audio sync problems on my machine.  I am running a core i7 sandy bridge backend/frontend machine and have had the following audio / sync issues.  I am running the latest stable version of mythtv 0.25.2 and ubuntu 12.04

1.  I use nuvexport --ffmpeg for transcoding my recordings so I can watch them on my android phone, I noticed that the audio recordings were always out of sync.   So I  fixed that problem by not using mythtranscodes fifo setup that it feeds into ffmpeg and instead transcoding from the file directly.

Is there any thing else I could have done differently to fix this? using nuvexport?   I tried tweaking  nuvexports  mythtranscode settings to use fifosync or pass the audio directly but both methods failed for different reasons.

2.  I recently downloaded the android app MythTV Go and when I tried watching some of my recorded shows I noticed that the audio was out of sync.  I tried all the stream quality settings but it made no difference at all in fixing the audio sync issues.  Any ideas?

thx

IM