[mythtv-users] MythTV Android Not Playing

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Sep 22 04:17:32 UTC 2012

* On Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 05:52:21PM +0100, Chris Lewis wrote:
> I've been seeing this too. On another device using mythtvgo also.
>
> I recently updated BS player which I suspect to be the culprit.
>
> Try a different player.

Richard and Daniel sent me packet captures off-list and both confirmed
the same thing, that BS Player Lite doesn't send any more requests after it
downloads the meta playlist from the backend.  I haven't upgraded my
Android tablet yet, so I sent Richard a copy of my old BS Player Lite .apk
file and he confirmed that it did work for him, so it appears to be an
issue with the recent BS Player update.  I also found several users on
the BS Player forum reporting issues with broken HLS playback with the
latest update.

--
Chris