[mythtv-users] Transcoding DVB from MPEG2 to MP4 keeping the subtitles

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Sep 22 14:33:12 UTC 2012

On 9/22/2012 09:31, Ken Smith wrote:
> Hi, I have previously saved space on some recordings I want to keep by
> converting them to mp4.

Be aware that in England, many of your recordings may already be in MP4
(H.264) format, and that you will not save an appreciable amount of
space by transcoding. Also, keep track of how much time your CPU is
running full out transcoding as opposed to low power idle or standby, as
well your own personal time investment, so you can weight it against the
price of simply buying more hard drive space.