[mythtv-users] Recording Rule "Premieres"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 24 01:35:50 UTC 2012

On 09/23/2012 09:21 PM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 09/23/2012 08:46 PM, Andreas wrote:
>>> looks like the "Premieres" recording rule example does not work anymore
>>> due to the change to UTC in the database. I've missed the first episode of
>>> Revolution on NBC and probably some more new shows I don't even know about.
>>> Adding "convert_tz" to the rule made it work again for me:
>>>
>>> program.first>  0 AND (program.programid LIKE 'EP%0001' OR
>>> program.subtitle = 'Pilot') AND program.originalairdate =
>>> DATE(CONVERT_TZ(program.starttime,'UTC','SYSTEM'))
>>>
>>> I hope this helps anyone with the same issues.
>>
>> This was fixed a couple weeks ago.  Please update to current master.
>>
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/186e2c02
> That commit only helps when you create a new rule from the template.
> There is nothing that automatically updates existing rules.
>
> The instructions about adding convert_tz are documented in the
> "Special Notices&  Instructions" section of the 0.26 release notes,
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.26 .

Right, but the '"Premieres" recording rule example' does work, now.  If
the OP was trying to say:  "Anyone who is using a recording rule based
off the 'First Episodes' power rule custom example--or any other power
rule that uses any time-based field--should delete and re-create or at
least modify their existing rules when upgrading to 0.26," I would have
agreed.  But based on the wording, I thought he was saying that there
was a bug, so I just mentioned it was fixed.

Mike