[mythtv-users] add season and episode number to mythlink.pl

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:41:18 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Alex Van Deusen
<alex.vandeusen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would it be possible to add additional parameters to the mythlink.plscript.    Specifically the ability to add metadata for season and episode
> number.

Hi.  I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than me would reply to this,
but seeing as they haven't, I thought I would ask some questions and maybe
you can follow up researching it a bit more:

1) Are you sure that the Symbolic Links can be given metadata of it's own?
       -This seems like it would be problematic, and that the metadata
would instead need to be written to the actual recording.

2) have you looked for a script to add metadata to the actual recordings?
      -This seems like it would be more straight forward and would not be
needed as part of mythlink, but rather a separate script.

3) are you using a player that will read the metadata if it existed on the
recording?
        - You should be able to do some manual metadata adds and test.

Hope you find that helpful.  Maybe some others have answers to the above,
or if you post back with answers/new info then that will prompt someone
more capable than me to help.

Jeremy