[mythtv-users] Preview Thumbnails

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 24 14:36:01 UTC 2012

On 09/19/2012 01:23 PM, Paul Onley wrote:
> Is there a way to configure the offset in the recording used for
> thumbnail creation?
>
> I would like to have the thumbnail generated within the first couple
> seconds so as to be able to see the tuning information.
>
> The default offset is frequently in a commercial break on my
> recordings but the tuning info would let me see specific information
> such as the station changed what was shown without telling Schedules
> Direct.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/454959#454959

Please read the entire post as it explains exactly why the simplistic
approach--a single offset value applied to all recordings--won't work.
It also explains "in the future" direction where we'll go (when I have a
chance to polish up the patch I've written and push it to MythTV when
we're not in a feature freeze).

Mike