[mythtv-users] Mythbbuntu 12.04 package system broken

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 25 00:12:37 UTC 2012

On 09/24/2012 07:31 PM, R KANNAN wrote:
> From: Jan Ceuleers
>> On 09/23/2012 02:58 PM, R KANNAN wrote:
>>>      So you have a full disk.
>>>
>>> That is what I thought but the partition that holds my /usr has over
>>> 1.5G left. I don't think this is a correct message.
>> My mythtv installation is riddled with soft links that cross file system
>> boundaries. If yours is anything like mine I suggest you do the
>> following to make sure:
>>
>> # df /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default
>>

> Nope. There are no links. df returns 1.5 GB of free space.

Posting the actual df output would allow us to help you interpret it.
(I.e. we could then determine if that 1.5GB is equivalent to 5% of the
available space on the file system, which may well mean it's the root
set aside or ...)  I suppose we could continue just guessing blindly,
though.

(That said, the error message /does/ say you have a full disk, so you're
almost definitely misinterpreting something...  Computers don't
generally lie.)

Mike