[mythtv-users] Convert mythcommflag info into 'chapters' (was: Commerical skipping thru PS3)

Michael Norman mwnorman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 02:24:12 UTC 2012

I posted a question a few weeks ago asking if there was any way to 'tweak'
Mythtv so that
the DLNA client in my PS3 could send the 'END' key to jump to the of the
current commercial.

The answer was no ... but also a suggestion that if I could encode chapter
markers into the
video recording, the 'next' key - used to jump to the next chapter - could
be used as a
commercial skipping technique.

So, I need some help putting together a User Job that takes the info
generated by
mythcommflag and - what, runs handbrakeCLI to transcode and insert chapters?

Any helps would be greatly appreciated,
---
Mike