[mythtv-users] Recording problems with PVR-350 and MythTV 0.24.3

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 25 13:29:00 UTC 2012

On 09/25/2012 04:27 AM, David Watkins wrote:
> On 24 September 2012 19:09, David Parker wrote:
>> I recently decided to upgrade from my old MythTV box running 0.21 to a
>> new box running 0.24.3.  I chose version 0.24.3 because I have a
>> PVR-350 and PVR-150, and I read in the release notes that support for
>> these cards was dropped in 0.25.
> AFAIK it was only the video output support for the PVR350 that was dropped.

Yes--though, technically, it's only support for the PVR-350 decoder that
was dropped.  You can still use PVR-350 TV out, but will have to use the
CPU to decode and Xv for display.

Use of the cards for encoding is still fine.  And, if you want, you can
still use the TV out (though you'll probably get much better quality
from a good nvidia video card).

Mike