[mythtv-users] Raspbmc (Raspberry Pi XBMC) Announces MythTV support

MonkeyPet monkeypet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 18:18:34 UTC 2012

Using mythtv 0.26 and the xbian.org distro.

Many things are broken in XBMC and the raspberry in general at this time:
o UPNP broken in XBMC.
o Mythbox with mythtv 0.26, broken also.
o mythtv:// suport in XBMC with mythtv 0.26 also broken.

My thoughts about raspberry.  Wonderful quiet machine.  MPEG2 and H.264
playback at 1080p works but only after bumping up the CPU/GPU clock speeds.
 Also have some lockups playing MPEG2. The XBMC menus are laggy.  With
the brokenness in XBMC, it is hard to use it as a frontend at this point.
 Sure you can try nfs or samba, but that you can do with a commercial
set-top box like the WD LIve or Asus Media Player. I think once the bugs
are fixed in XBMC AND we can get recordings playback with commercial
skipping I would be a very happy camper.