[mythtv-users] 0.25 Number of recordings to keep

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 25 19:30:30 UTC 2012

On 09/24/2012 10:21 AM, Aaron wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Aaron wrote:
>> I recently updated my rules to use Power Search, and am now finding that the "No. of recordings to keep" setting is no longer being respected. Do I need to set this in the Power Search box, or is it a bug?
>
> I can't be the only one with this problem. I have been researching
> this for a couple days now, and I have not found a solution. To
> re-state the question. When using Power Search why does Myth ignore
> the "No. of recordings to keep" setting? I do have "Record new and
> expire old" checked, and setting the number of recordings to keep
> works with a regular non power search rule.
>
> I have looked int he power search phrase options, but do not see any
> that would fit. Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty sure that # of recordings to keep is determined based on the
title of the recordings, so if your power rule matches shows with
different titles, it's unlikely to do what you want.

You'll need to give specific descriptions of rules (including the SQL
you're using), titles matched under the rules, and how many shows of
each title you're getting for us to be able to better understand the
problem and possibly allow giving a better description of what's happening.

Mike