[mythtv-users] 0.25 Number of recordings to keep

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Sep 25 20:48:51 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 03:30:30PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/24/2012 10:21 AM, Aaron wrote:
> >On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Aaron wrote:
> >>I recently updated my rules to use Power Search, and am now finding that the "No. of recordings to keep" setting is no longer being respected. Do I need to set this in the Power Search box, or is it a bug?
> >
> >I can't be the only one with this problem. I have been researching
> >this for a couple days now, and I have not found a solution. To
> >re-state the question. When using Power Search why does Myth ignore
> >the "No. of recordings to keep" setting? I do have "Record new and
> >expire old" checked, and setting the number of recordings to keep
> >works with a regular non power search rule.
> >
> >I have looked int he power search phrase options, but do not see any
> >that would fit. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Pretty sure that # of recordings to keep is determined based on the
> title of the recordings, so if your power rule matches shows with
> different titles, it's unlikely to do what you want.
>
> You'll need to give specific descriptions of rules (including the
> SQL you're using), titles matched under the rules, and how many
> shows of each title you're getting for us to be able to better
> understand the problem and possibly allow giving a better
> description of what's happening.

Mike, maxepisodes is supposed to use recording rule ID, and a very
quick perusal of the code supports that.  Factors that could affect
the episode count are the recorded.preserve value and whether or not
an override rules was used.  Anyway, this is one of a few issues I
need to look into, but probably won't have time to do so for a few
days.  Aaron, if you can provide the specifics Mike asked for, that
would be very helpful.

David
--
David Engel