[mythtv-users] Auto Expire behavior.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 26 05:07:36 UTC 2012

On 09/25/2012 09:45 PM, Lee Maisel wrote:
> I'm confused as to how to globally set auto expirations for recorded
> shows.
>
> According to the wiki, the place I'm supposed to go does not exist in .25
>
> I have 3 HD Homerun devices, which gives me 6 tuners.
>
> I have plenty of disk space, yet recorded programs delete one day
> later it seems, even before I get to watch them!
>
> I've looked all over in frontend and backend setup, but it's not
> obvious to me.

Autoexpire only happens when a file system is full.  If you truly have
plenty of space (on all file systems to which MythTV is recording),
autoexpire isn't coming into play.

Note that Live TV is automatically deleted after 1 day (by default, but
you can set it to wait up to 7 days, IIRC).

Recordings are never deleted automatically, except through autoexpire
(when file systems are full) or when you specify a maximum number of
recordings on a rule and "record new and delete old".

Mike