[mythtv-users] Is there still a global padding option?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 27 02:15:01 UTC 2012

On 09/26/2012 06:17 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I've tried searching about this but haven't found anything recent that
> seems to match the menus I see.
>
> My main box has been continuously upgraded and usually records with a
> pre-roll of two minutes and a post-roll of four minutes.  My laptop by
> default starts and stops on time.  Both are on 0.25.2
>
> I do most of my scheduling via the guide screen using other info and
> with few long-term rules; I don't want to have to specify padding for
> individual recordings.  Where is the global option?

Change the default recording rule template to include the start early
and end late values you want.

Then, make other recording rule templates for the other types of rules
you create (so you have your Sports template with a huge end late, and
your After Sports template with a huge start early and end late so you
can catch the CBS Sunday shows, and your Movies templates that set lower
priority since you can catch reruns, and your Kids Shows templates that
set max episodes and record new and delete old, and ...).

You can now adjust default values for more than just start early and end
late by setting them in the default template, and can make other
templates for the other types of rules you create often.  You'll find
the functionality in mythfrontend's Manage Recordings|Recording Rules in
the MENU.

Mike