[mythtv-users] Wiki on MythVideo lacks tag/variable defs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 27 02:34:58 UTC 2012

On 09/26/2012 10:28 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 2012-09-26 9:21 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 09/26/2012 09:30 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_Library#Disadvantages
>
> I did see this -- and I'm not sure how it relates to what I'm doing in
> the intimate sense.

What I'm saying is that because you're using Storage Groups, MythTV
doesn't have a simple file system path to pass to xine, and since xine
doesn't understand myth:// URIs, xine won't work with what MythTV has.

So, as I see it, your options are to:
a) Get the Internal player working
b) Re-rip the DVDs to other formats that the Internal player can handle
(i.e. rip the main title to a "simple" video file and not the whole ISO)
c) Work up a hack that uses a file name extension to trigger a script
you write that takes a myth:// URI, parses out the relevant information,
and uses that to look up the path to the file on the file system (by
searching the actual file system--the information isn't in MythTV's
database), then starts xine for you

Mike