[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime, Charter, fetch of channels turns up almost nothing

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Thu Sep 27 04:18:38 UTC 2012

I finally got my cablecard activated in my HDHR prime. Word to the wise,
I had much better luck using community.charter.com then I did either w/
phone or chat support. CharterAbby and CharterDylan on that forum
knew way more about activating cablecards then anyone else I encountered.

But I digress...

I hooked up my HDHR prime to a schedulesdirect account and I hit
the "fetch channel" listings in mythtv-setup. I get back a channel list
that is basically the analog channels (2-75, 95, 99). I am able to get
the broadcast channels while going through "Watch TV", but most of
the cable channels are untunable. I was kind of expecting all of the
channels that I should be able to tune digitally w/ a CableCard.

If this is solved in another thread and I haven't searched hard enough,
just let me know and I will continue doing research.

I am running 0.25.1 from the MythTV github ebuilds in gentoo.

FWIW ClearQAM works fine w/ my trusty original HDHR.

Thanks

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/