[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime, Charter, fetch of channels turns up almost nothing

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Thu Sep 27 15:43:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Erik Hovland <erik at hovland.org> wrote:
>>> I finally got my cablecard activated in my HDHR prime. Word to the wise,
>>> I had much better luck using community.charter.com then I did either w/
>>> phone or chat support. CharterAbby and CharterDylan on that forum
>>> knew way more about activating cablecards then anyone else I encountered.
>>>
>>> But I digress...
>>>
>>> I hooked up my HDHR prime to a schedulesdirect account and I hit
>>> the "fetch channel" listings in mythtv-setup. I get back a channel list
>>> that is basically the analog channels (2-75, 95, 99). I am able to get
>>> the broadcast channels while going through "Watch TV", but most of
>>> the cable channels are untunable. I was kind of expecting all of the
>>> channels that I should be able to tune digitally w/ a CableCard.
>>>
>>> If this is solved in another thread and I haven't searched hard enough,
>>> just let me know and I will continue doing research.
>>>
>>> I am running 0.25.1 from the MythTV github ebuilds in gentoo.
>>>
>>> FWIW ClearQAM works fine w/ my trusty original HDHR.
>>

>> Did you create a new Video Source for the HDHR Prime's list of channels?
>
> I created a new video source for my HDHR Prime. This video source has
> its own account on SchedulesDirect.
>
>> a) create a new lineup at Schedules Direct for the HDHR Prime's channel
>> list?
>
> I created a new lineup.
>
>> b) add the superset of channels that your HDHR Prime can tune to your
>> existing Schedules Direct lineup and then specify --remove-new-channels on
>> your mythfilldatabase options (so it doesn't try to add the non-ClearQAM
>> channels to your original HDHR's Video Source)
>
> I did not do this.

User error. It turns out that I had the new account from SchedulesDirect screwed
up and the fetching was failing. This caused mythtv to give me a lineup that
had only analog channels in it. Once I correctly put in the SD account info
I was able to "retrieve lineup" for the video source and then "fetch
channels" for the
input connection. I am now on to the next step.

Thanks

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/