[mythtv-users] Auto Expire behavior.

Lee Maisel maisel at lobo.net
Thu Sep 27 20:34:07 UTC 2012

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/27/2012 04:18 PM, Lee Maisel wrote:
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Autoexpire only happens when a file system is full.  If you truly
>>> have plenty of space (on all file systems to which MythTV is
>>> recording), autoexpire isn't coming into play.
>>>
>>> Note that Live TV is automatically deleted after 1 day (by default,
>>> but you can set it to wait up to 7 days, IIRC).
>>>
>>> Recordings are never deleted automatically, except through
>>> autoexpire (when file systems are full) or when you specify a
>>> maximum number of recordings on a rule and "record new and delete old".
>> Ok, so where do I change this?   I saw a discussion regarding a
>> similar issue, but they were talking about using MythWeb.  I could
>> always do my scheduling there, but I would rather have a global
>> setting for this, and not have to use MythWeb to do it.
>>
>> Thanks very much for your help!
>
> Change what?  The Live TV max age?  Whether or not autoexpire is
> enabled on new recording rules?  The Deleted max age?
>
> Mike

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

There are many programs that we watch religiously, however being busy,
we sometimes will not be able to watch them till the following week or
so.  I do not want them deleted until they are watched.

There are some other shows that I record, but don't care if they get
deleted for space, however I'd like to have a couple episodes available.

Thanks!

Lee