[mythtv-users] vdpau switches tv off (or blanks it?)

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:04:10 UTC 2012

I have been trying to help a guy on mythbuntu forums with a problem
where playing with any vdpau profile switches his TV off. Other
profiles don't do this (but as it is an atom/ion machine non vdpau is
not particularly helpful).

So far have:

* reverted him to the nvidia drivers for his distro (270.29)
* tried another ion machine using vdpau on the same tv- no problem.

Has anyone seen this before? Thread is here
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2059325 - if you aren't a
member there I can cross post any suggestions.