[mythtv-users] Mythtv for Android build error

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 01:51:43 UTC 2012

On Sep 29, 2012 6:35 PM, "Bill Meek" <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/28/2012 02:42 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
>
>> I need to update the wiki and readme on how to build the app fully.

> Dan;
>
> Just FYI, when I select "Git Repository Exploring" I see:
>
>   mythtv-for-android [master] - /home/bill/git/mythtv-for-android/.git
>
> OK. But when I select Java, the left pane is now empty and I can't
> do a build anymore. I did do the 3 steps you recommended.
>
> --
> Bill

Bill,

Easy fix. Just do a File - Import and import it in again. Then delete the
project and import it from the github repository browsing perspective.

The reason this occurred is because the git repo had some eclipse specific
files in there that did not belong in the repo. These were really only
applicable to your own environment and mine (the ones checked in) don't
necessarily fit in someone else's environment. So I removed them from the
repo. Unfortunately, it makes you have to reimport the project, but it
shouldn't need to be done again.

Please let me know if you still have issues after trying the above.

Dan