[mythtv-users] Moving storage and database to new machine?

Magnus Larsson magnus at vista.se
Sun Sep 30 12:08:05 UTC 2012

Hi!

I am setting up a brand new backend for my Mythtv (all in ubuntu 12.04),
and need to move the database and existing recordings to this new
machine. I read in the Wiki on how to manage storage devices in the
storage groups, but am not clear on how to best move betwen different
physical machines.

My plan is to export - import the database and simply do a rsync of the
recordings to the new maching. The paths in the new machine will be
slightly different (bigger, raid5, as opposed to smaller and no-raid
previously).

Any advice before I start and make troubles for myself?

Best,

Magnus Larsson