[mythtv-users] Moving storage and database to new machine?

Marco Quezada mellamanjefe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 14:48:20 UTC 2012

A few months ago I did something similar. I bought a raid nas and set it up
to store all my recordings except for livetv. Livetv is stored locally so
as not to load the nas/network unnecessarily. The same goes for new
recordings that are being transcoded and/or run through commercial
detection. Once the process is complete they get moved to the nas and
removed from the be. This wirks well for me because i have a single be/fe.

Moving the database is a task on its own, but I imagine that most of the
work will involve getting your drives mounted and the paths updated in the
storage groups. For the storage group setup I used try looking for messages
on this list with the title/subject " Record, flag commercials, then move
to NAS". They should be in the archives for February (12th.) of this year.
Hope they help and good luck!
-Marco