[mythtv-users] bitcoin

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 15:24:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 8:19 AM, jacek burghardt
<jaceksburghardt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone is using bitcoin client on their back end frontend system.
> I wonder if you guys have any side effects of running a client

A wallet client or a miner? CPU/GPU mining costs significantly more in
electricity than the return. I didn't think anyone was still CPU or
GPU mining. You really need an ASIC at this point to be profitable.

A wallet client shouldn't interfere with Myth (it's not intensive),
but in my case the TV isn't a convenient place to initiate
transactions.

Tom