[mythtv-users] Intel HDx000 graphics - vaapi now works for me

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 18:51:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks! I just jumped on newegg on my lunch break and found the cheapest
> possible components (Always good for a production front end) - ASRock
> Micro-ATX board, Celeron G530, 2GB of PC3 ram (Hmm, might be the wrong
> speed), cheap case. Came to $153 before shipping. This looks very promising.

The Intel "Next Unit of Computing" form factors are attractive
(although a bit more expensive than a bare-bones system)
for a frontend (small, quiet).

But as I recall, VAAPI (at least the Intel driver) still did not
support advanced deinterlacers(*).  Motion adaptive was a
work in progress (but not yet shipping), but motion
compensated was out of scope (which would be the
equivalent of some of the best nVidia deinterlacers).
AFAIK bob is the only working de-interlacer for VAAPI
that is available today.

Gary

(*) Of course, for some, their display device already
performs good deinterlacing, so this is not an issue.