[mythtv-users] System Status - Total Disk Space average rate

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 4 13:54:43 UTC 2013

On 01/20/2013 10:03 PM, David Farmer wrote:
> I have a Arch 64 bit system with MythTV 0.26 installed, and for the
> past several releases/updates I have an unusual output in the System
> Status. First and last entry seems correct, middle doesn't seem quite
> right.
>
> Total Disk Space:
> 598 GB Total, 221 GB used, 377 GB (or 63%) free.
> 664430 hours and 15 minutes remaining , using your average rate of 1 kbps
> 188 hours and 45 minutes remaning, using your maximum rate of 4645 kbps.
>
> Is this likely an Arch MythTV package issue or something more universal?

It means you likely have corrupt recording data--invalid start and/or
end times on one or more recordings.  This can occur, for example, when
using scripts to force non-recording video into the Watch Recordings screen.

If you find the total  amount of recorded video you have (I don't know
if that's available in the frontend anywhere, but it's available in
MythWeb's Recorded Programs page at the very bottom of the page), you'll
likely see some ludicrous number (I'm guessing it has about 60 years too
much from some invalid times).

You can find out which specific recordings have invalid data with:

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "select timediff(endtime, starttime) as
duration, starttime, endtime, title, subtitle from recorded order by
duration desc limit 20\G"

and once you find the offending recordings, you can either delete them
or move them to Video Library (along with any other recordings you'd
like to keep long term--see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/519758#519758 ) and
delete them from Watch Recordings.

Mike