[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Matthias lists at thyroff.net
Mon Apr 8 15:17:06 UTC 2013

Am 08.04.2013 14:01, schrieb Adam Skinner:

> >> I currently use Sony PS3 bluetooth remotes to control my various
> myth boxes - whilst working ok >>they are very demanding on batteries.
> >>
> >> Im thinking in the future to use this technology :  Bluetooth Low
> Energy.  There are already dongles out and some initial linux support.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have any experience of it? or any views on this subject?
>
> >Do you apply the kitlaan bluez patches to allow them to sleep? My
> >batteries last months. Only drawback is they take a few seconds to
> >wake up but you soon get used to that
> >Martin
>
> Hi Martin , thanks for the reply.
>
> Yes I've applied the kitlaan patches - using a ppa for mythbuntu.
>  These remotes are heavily used by the family and last a few weeks.
>
> Also when they get low on batteries they tend to go a bit crazy ;key
> keeps repeating, even though the batteries in the remote are removed.
>
> I've also tried the bluetooth ng on google code.
> (https://code.google.com/p/bdremote-ng/) This has similar problems.
>
> I've got 3xfrontends and 3x PS3 remotes with 3 different bluetooth
> adaptors.

Hey thanks for the hint to PS3 BT remotes - just ordered one on eBay
because I do not always have good reception with my IR remote... I will
use it with Eneloop LSD rechargeable batteries and don't really mind to
change batteries every once in a while.

I recommend Eneloop to you too, they give good performance (last long
without discharging too much when being left alone) in low energy
devices like a remote and you will save a lot of money if you use them
instead of replacing all the hardware.