[mythtv-users] MythTV should react on stop of DVB stream

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Fri Apr 12 17:50:30 UTC 2013

HI!

In the last weeks, it happened twice for me that a recording (DVB-S2)
stopped before it was supposed to stop.

Both times, I was watching the recording while it was still recording,
at least 15-30 minutes behind real time.

I do not know the cause for the stop, could be anything hardware or
software, that's not easy to find out.

But really painful was, that MythTV did not realize that the recording
stopped. MythTV thought, it was still recording.

But when I looked at the length of the recording in the OSD, this was
correct, meaning the real (shorter) length.

So, in such a case, MythTV should be able to detect this and restart the
recording (to a 2nd file), so that only a few seconds would be lost. In
my case, I lost 15-30 minutes.

What are you thinking?

Thanks!

Thomas