[mythtv-users] 0.26 and Fedora 18 crash-n-burn?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sun Apr 14 01:46:03 UTC 2013

On 4/13/2013 6:06 PM, Jerry wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com
> <mailto:Rich.West at wesmo.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 4/13/2013 3:50 PM, HP-mini wrote:
>     > This pops up..
>     > http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2013-January/345762.html
>     > The advice was:
>     >>>> There was a significant fix for PVR-XXX cards that went into master
>     >>>> and 0.26-fixes and 0.25-fixes on or about 29 November last year
>     >>>> [2012].  Anyone with one of these cards should ensure they are
>     >>>> running reasonable current code.
>
>     Thanks!  Reading that post sounds exactly like what I am going through, so
>     there might be hope yet...
>
>     All I can think of, though, is "Oh, great.." :(
>
>     I'm running 0.26 via RPMfusion RPMS which are supposedly from April of
>     this
>     year.  I looked at going back to atrpms, but I'm only seeing 0.25.3 built
>     back in October over there.  Gahh.. the though of having to go back to
>     0.25.3 after having upgraded *everything* in the house (that's four
>     clients)
>     and the database..
>
>     ugh.. this.. is.. terrible... doesn't look like I have a lot of options..
>     downloading the 0.26.0 fixes branch and rolling my own RPM is probably the
>     better method but equally as painful.
>

> My two cents:
>
> I'm fairly certain that the newer 0.26.0-7 RPMs on rpmfusion have
> incorporated the PVR-XXX fix.  I was having live TV issues until the most
> recent RPM build.  They have gone away.  I have a PVR-500 for my analog
> channels.  I don't have any PVR-150s so I can't give you any more input
> than that.
>
> Good luck!
> Jerry

Thanks, Jerry.  Believe it or not, the 0.26.0-7 RPMS were the ones I was
running.  After dabbling with rolling my own (and dieing inside a little
just at the thought), I gave it a shot at rolling back to the 0.26.0-4 RPMS
from RPMfusion.  Amazingly, it worked.. I'm getting recordings now and able
to view LiveTV (don't normally use LiveTV at all, but it is a good test)..
I'm not keeping my hopes up just yet, though.. I'm keeping a close eye on
things before I celebrate.

-Rich