[mythtv-users] CETON InfiniTV 4 PCIe with Tuning Adapter

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 18:35:03 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM, William Korb <korb at qisc.com> wrote:

> Hello Myth Users,
>
> I have just installed a CETON InfiniTV 4 PCIe in my backend with a
> CableCARD
> from Charter. I was able to get the card paired, and tests using mplayer as
> described in the README show that I am receiving programming and it can be
> viewed.
>
> Another package on the vendor's Linux page was Tuning Adapter Drivers,
> including the ctntad command. Charter uses SDV extensively in my area, so
> it
> is imperative that I get this working in my installation.
>
> After some mucking about (downloading, building, and installing various
> libraries that are required by ctntad) I was able to get it compiled and
> installed, and running it with the --list-tas option shows the TA supplied
> by
> Charter:
>
> 6# ctntad --list-tas
> Starting ctntad 0.2.0
> Found Motorola Tuning Adapter on bus 4 address 2
>
> I then took a WAG and just ran ctntad with no arguments (since
> documentation
> is extremely sparse, I didn't know what else to do) and it is doing
> *something*, but I don't know if it's actually doing what it's supposed to.
> Here's the output:
>
> 10# ctntad
> Starting ctntad 0.2.0
> found ta on bus 4 addr 2
> root device found type: 'urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1'
> root device found type:
> 'urn:schemas-cetoncorp-com:device:SecureContainer:1'
> mocur found
> paired 'uuid:89333102-EBE5-11D8-AC9A-000008068490' and 4:2
> octa_enable was 0
> OCTAInit 1
> mocur -> ta: 0 bytes
> ta comm error 0
> octa init complete
> ta comm error 1
> reset ta
> reset done
> usb reset complete finished
> ta comm error 0
> mocur -> ta: 59 bytes
> ta -> mocur: 31 bytes
> mocur -> ta: 7 bytes
> root device found type: 'urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1'
> ta -> mocur: 12 bytes
> ta -> mocur: 17 bytes
> mocur -> ta: 4372 bytes
> ta -> mocur: 133 bytes
> mocur -> ta: 7 bytes
> ta -> mocur: 8 bytes
> mocur -> ta: 7 bytes
> ta -> mocur: 17 bytes
> mocur -> ta: 7 bytes
> ta -> mocur: 17 bytes
> mocur -> ta: 7 bytes
> ta -> mocur: 17 bytes
> mocur -> ta: 7 bytes
> ta -> mocur: 17 bytes
> mocur -> ta: 7 bytes
> ta -> mocur: 17 bytes
> mocur -> ta: 7 bytes
> ta -> mocur: 17 bytes
> ta comm error 1
> reset ta
> [...]

-

Hi,

 I use a InfiniTV 4 PCIe but I do not require the tuning adapter. So I
don't have any real working knowledge about using the tuning adapter.

However from what I have read about using the tuning adapter (from what I
remember) is all that is required after successful building “ctntad” is
putting it in a init script to start up.

I think “ctntad” well need to start after the Ceton drivers/service start
up and the card has an IP address and before MythTV service start up.

I hope that of some help.

 Kris.