[mythtv-users] nVidia driver 304.88: problems

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Apr 16 15:41:42 UTC 2013

On 16/04/2013 16:02, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 16/04/13 14:05, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>
>> One quick question: when some part of MythTV wants current video mode
>> information, does it enquire of the system, or does it use cached
>> information from when it last set the mode itself? I sometimes see
>> signs that it does the former, and would be better doing the latter.
>> I wonder whether perhaps requests for mode changes don't have effect
>> immediately, and queries too soon after a change request come back
>> with the old mode rather than the new mode.
>>
> And what happens when the mode changes during playback, which it can
> easily do with digital signals: say from program to ad break to program
> again?

I'm probably not fully understanding your question because I don't see
why that's a difficult case. I'd hope MythTV would spot the resolution
change, trigger a mode change if necessary, and again alter the scaling
based on the resolution of its cache of information on the mode it has
just set, rather than requesting the mode information from the OS
(which may not have caught up yet).

The problem I'm seeing, by the way, is that sometimes here when playing
SD, Myth correctly invokes a 720x576 mode, but scales the incoming video
to 1920x1080m so all I see is the top righthand corner magnified.

Cheers,
	Paul.