[mythtv-users] Installing mythtv.25 from macports fails

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 23:39:14 UTC 2013

Hi

On 21 April 2013 01:13, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> J-Y, to disable building yadif, is it as simple as adding
> '--disable-filter=yadif' to myth's configure?  Or is anything else required?
>
> As far as frontend v. backend, a CoreDuo or CoreSolo Mac would really only
> suffice as a standard def frontend.  I suppose it could be a backend-only
> machine for HD as long as it wasn't doing any commflagging or
> transcoding...the advantage in this case is that it has pretty good
> power-management built-in.  The OP hasn't said what he was hoping to use it
> for.

I don't know to be honest, I haven't looked at the configure in regards to
filter in a while. Looking at the filters.pro qmakefile, I don't believe
you can select which filter is going to be compiled or not.

There was an error in the filter source code that made it fail to compile
with clang: this was fixed in 0.26
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/ecda14d1d751a4aa4b8eeb903330393d0e12bc48#mythtv/filters/yadif

though the OP is using native gcc which is puzzling, as xcode 3.2 really
had no issue building myth (even today). I'm not sure what macport is
doing. Are you trying to first compile clang and then compile myth using
clang?

Using an external compiler would probably be the safest way to avoid having
to worry about which version of xcode the user is running.