[mythtv-users] intel 24p (was: nVidia driver 304.88: problems)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 23:44:10 UTC 2013

Allright...

I played with my macbook air today, installed ubuntu 12.10 on it. Surprised
on how quickly and painless that was. Everything worked out of the box.

I connected my 1080p projector to it, and had myth running on it.

It switched refresh rate on the fly with no worries.
The MBA is using an intel HD3000.

I did find a problem when running in dual-screen configuration, with the
two screens not being set as independent screen (the default in ubuntu).
myth wouldn't show the resolutions available on the projector, it would
always show the resolutions available on screen 0 only (the laptop screen).
To set the projector, I had to disable the laptop screen, run myth, set it
to 1920x1080 and then re-enable the laptop screen.

I lodged a bug for that http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11498

I actually believe that we can modify myth so there's no need to set custom
modeline, instead with xrandr >= 1.3 we can generate the modeline on the
fly and have it run at any refresh rate we want...