[mythtv-users] Recent "pixelation" or "glitches" in recordings (HDHR related?)

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 16:31:01 UTC 2013

I am not sure if the problem I'm seeing is related to the thread started by
Gary Buhrmaster (HDHR glitches and MythTV) so I apologize in advance of
possibly splitting a previous thread.  I have two three HDHR devices (an
older, white case dual OTA tuner, a newer black case OTA tuner, and the
HDHR Prime with cable card).  Within the past four weeks I've been seeing
glitches (some call it pixelation) in the playback of recordings.  I first
attributed it to the possibility that my antenna got rotated by some of the
high winds we've had (I've not checked my signal quality yet).  However,
I've since noticed the same glitches occurring on my HDHR Prime on several
different channels.  Since this is coming over cable, I'd not expect this
type of signal (rarely had it before), so I now suspect something more
sinister within either changes to MythTV or problems with the firmware in
the HDHRs.

I've upgraded the firmware in all three devices to the March 28, 2013
version with no change.  I'm currently running:

MythTV Version : v0.27-pre2-760-g575f7d9
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 77
Library API : 0.27.20130301-1
QT Version : 4.8.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec
using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_libudf
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit
using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_mheg using_libxml2 using_libudf

Are others running from Git Master seeing these problems?  Is it just with
the HDHR tuners?

I do have an internal DVB tuner that I may re-install into MythTV this
weekend to see if these issues disappear.

Regards,

-- Ken E