[mythtv-users] Failed radio recordings from dvb-t with 0.26-fixes

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Apr 24 22:02:54 UTC 2013

On 24/04/13 22:03, Roger Siddons wrote:

> FWIW I've been using 0.26 on DVB-T (incl Radio 4) for 5 months with no
> significant issues (apart from 10833).

Yes, I had it on my laptop for several months and updated a home-build a
few times.  The intention was to try it out there before switching the
main box from 0.25.3, and I had most of the things that bothered me
sorted out;  there was no radio problem on that.  Then it looked as if
disaster had struck and I made a series of large unpremeditated changes,
after which it seemed ok; but disk space was tight and I didn't check it
out thoroughly before making related changes on the main box.  I ought
to check it now...

> However your latter issue does remind me of one, possibly related,
> incident (that I haven't got around to investigating properly):
> Successive recordings of the last hour of CBeebies failed to play (video
> buffer failed too many times) even though the filesize was good. The
> logs said Myth couldn't find any video codec parameters, I believe.
> However they would play fine whilst the recording was in progress. When
> my (3 min) padding recorded the MHEG data at channel end it somehow
> 'corrupted' the codec info so that the recording then became unplayable.
> Reducing the end padding solved that problem. That's obviously not the
> cause of your 9:30am failure but, to me, they raise questions about the
> 'new' ffmpeg in 0.26. Their forums may provide some clues...

Yes, I've seen this at both ends of the part-time channels.  A
preliminary pass through mythDVBcut (Project-X based) almost always
fixes it, but I suppose that must depend on where in the recording it
finds its tables.  It doesn't work on audio-only - and it won't expand a
564-byte recording into anything useful!  Nor does it correct for the
switch to UTC, which only started making a difference here at the start
of this month.  Luckily I only have to mentally subtract one hour...

Ho hum.