[mythtv-users] CCI=none vs. CCI=any SF Bay Area

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 18:52:22 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On 4/26/2013 11:20 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> My Prime seems to be doing fine. That's my fallback - I'll delete the
>>> problem channels from the Classic channel lineups. But I'm hoping to get my
>>> Classics back on-line too. I still do a lot of recording on the OTA
>>> channels. Probably more than the cable channels.
>>>

>> Antenna possible?  Could try getting your OTA via the air...
>>

> Oh yeah, I've had a really nice unidirectional antenna sitting in the
> garage for a year. Problems are 1. the HOA and 2. sitting in a bit of a
> valley.
>
> Anyway, is the answer that Classics will *not* work with CCI=none? Has
> anybody had any success whining to Comcast about these settings?

I don't think that the classic hdhr even sees CCI, isn't that information
part of the stuff that the cable card gets from the head end?  My guess is
that Comcast has started encrypting those stations as part of moving them.
It may have been accidental, so you may want to complain and see if they do
anything about it.

If you do a scan on the classic hdhomerun, do those show up as encrypted?

Bill