[mythtv-users] Fixing minor errors in Myth database

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 29 00:12:55 UTC 2013

On 04/28/2013 06:35 PM, Paul Gardiner wrote:

>>> I think that means that one of the tables in your backup has
>>> a column called 'offset', and the column doesn't exist in the
>>> corresponding table within your new mythconverg database. If so, and if
>>> you can discover which table it is, you may be able to temporarily add
>>> the column 'offset' to that table, perform the restore and then remove
>>> the column.
>>>
>>> Paul.
>>
>> recordedmarkup used to use 'offset' but no longer does.  See eg Ticket
>> 10871
>
> Right, so what might work is
>
>   ALTER TABLE recordedmarkup ADD offset INT;
>
> then perform partial restore, then
>
>   ALTER TABLE recordedmarkup DROP offset;

Better to throw away all the data in recordedmarkup because it's either
missing and/or corrupt--the data that used to be stored in offset hasn't
been properly migrated to its new location.  This is especially true as
all of the data there can be re-created by simply running mythcommflag
--rebuild and mythcommflag (without --rebuild, doing actual commercial
detection) on each recording.

Mike