[mythtv-users] Fixing minor errors in Myth database

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 29 00:48:53 UTC 2013

On 04/28/2013 08:42 PM, Fred Hamilton wrote:
> Thanks Mike, "gzip -d -c mythconverg-1264-20130425182924.sql.gz | sed
> '/INSERT INTO `recordedmarkup`/d' >
> /tmp/mythconverg-no_recordedmarkup.sql" seemed to do the trick!  All
> my shows are right where they should be and play back fine.
>
> Now I'm just tackling the fallout (mythbackend backend is no longer
> automatically starting, fetch channels from listings source works for
> cable but not for broadcast,

"Fetch channels from listings source" can only be used for analog
capture and "non-scannable" inputs (such as firewire or HDHR Prime,
etc.).  Since broadcast would be ATSC and captured using the DVB API,
you must do a proper channel scan (then set XMLTV IDs, then run
mythfilldatabase, or skip setting XMLTV IDs and run mythfilldatabase and
hope that the garbage the broadcaster sent is close enough that
mythfilldatabase can guess which channel is which--so I always recommend
setting the XMLTV ID properly to /tell/ mythfilldatabase which channel
is which).

> no mythweb yet, rebuilding the seek tables and commflag as you
> mentioned, etc.).  But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
>  Really appreciate all the help!

Good luck.

Mike