[mythtv-users] Some channels from SchedulesDirect not getting added in mythtv

Scott Chevalley avalon at osguru.org
Mon Apr 29 18:57:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm using the latest 0.25.3+fixes (0.25.3+fixes.20130423.94d67fc) from mythbuntu
on a standalone backend with 3 hauppage dcr-2560 tuners, which are rebranded 2
Tuner HDHR-Primes.  I have one video source from schedulesdirect and I recently
noticed that I'm missing a few channels in my listings, namely CNN (100) and HLN
(101).  I'm in Virginia with Verizon Fios.

I logged into my account on Schedulesdirect and checked my lists and saw a bunch
of channels disabled, so I reenabled all the channel.  I then readded all line-ups.

Then I ran

mythfilldatabase --only-update-channels --do-not-filter-new-channels

and

mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all

I did see some channels get added, but not 100 and 101.

I also tried going into mythsetup and going to the video source and having it
redownload the channels, but same thing.

I downloaded the raw xml from SD and I only see CNN and HLN in there once with a
station id listed for each.  I'm curious how the channel number is determined
from just the callsign and station id.

I do have channels 1541 and 1542 that also show up as CNN and HLN.

I'm wondering if mythfilldatabase is ignoring channels 100 and 101 because the
station id for those channels are the same as 1541 and 1542.

Do I need to delete 1541 and 1542 and then update channels or should I just
delete the video source and recreate?

Thanks!
Scott